B-2 Visa – Visitor for Pleasure (Tourist Visa)

The B-2 visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for pleasure. Pleasure is defined as “Legitimate activities of a recreational character, including tourism, amusement, visits with friends or relatives, rest, medical treatment, and activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature.” 22 C.F.R. §41.31(b)(2).  Employment is not permitted even where only remuneration is room, board and pocket change.

Permissible activities include:

  1. Tourism
  2. Social visits to friends & relatives
  3. Medical treatment
  4. Participation in conventions of social organizations
  5. Participation in amateur musical, sports or similar events with no remuneration
  6. Dependents of U.S. Armed Forces personnel
  7. Accompanying D or B-1 aliens
  8. Coming to U.S. to marry U.S. citizen but will depart
  9. If eligible for H-4 but inconvenient or impossible to obtain it, the spouse or child can enter on B-2
  10.  If you are coming to the U.S. primarily as a tourist, but you would like to take a short course of study which is recreational (and not for credit towards a degree), and the course is less than 18 hours per week

Click here to contact us today